The SRC is comprised of a 36,000 square foot facility with two multi-purpose gymnasiums, cardio/weight room, and 1/12 mi. elevated indoor track. We offer a variety of programs to Students, Faculty & Staff; ranging from Open Recreation, Cheerleading, Group Exercise, Personal Training & Intramural Sports
The Department of Recreational Sports aims to provide the Texas A&M University-Kingsville community with a welcoming, inclusive and fun environment through programs, services, and facilities. We advocate and educate for a healthy life-style through and strive to advance student development and success through participation and leadership opportunities.
The Department of Recreational Sports will enhance the lives of our campus community through fitness, sports, and play by providing comprehensive programs and facilities that offer participation, employment, and leadership opportunities designed to advance learning, growth, and development.
The Department of Campus Recreation and Fitness will create an environment that celebrates the differences each person shepherds across the plane of diversity. Diversity and respect is important to the individual’s holistic healthy lifestyle, experience and development at TAMUK. We pledge in creating an inclusive environment through hiring and developing culturally adept employees. We aspire to reaching out to under-served populations and providing facilities, equipment and programs in which all members of the TAMUK community feel welcome at the Department of Campus Recreation and Fitness.
- Always practice safety in our facilities and programs
- Promote student engagement.
- Enhance learning, development, and involvement of TAMUK Students.
- Develop renowned students, programs and facilities.
- Improve knowledge and development of Recreational Sports Staff.
- Family: Encourage and support one another.
- Healthy: Strive for a holistic life-style.
- Integrity: Practice moral principles driven by our mission, values and goals.
- Honesty: Truth and quality in our actions, services, and programs.
- Fun: Provide an enjoyable experience for everyone.
- You: Yes, YOU can.